![]() |
| Hexham |
![]() |
| Roman Vindalonda |
![]() |
| Hadrians wall |
![]() |
| Lord Street |
![]() |
| hand in hand |
Men ja, själva resan till Southport gick inte direkt som önskat. G sku komma från USA via London till Newcastle på fredag förmiddag och jag skulle flyga med direkt flyg från Stavanger till Newcastle och vara där en timme före honom och så hade vi hyrt bil och skulle köra igenom England ner till Southport och göra lite sight seeing där på vägen. Nå, så ringer min telefon på torsda eftermiddag och de går till svararen och när ja lyssnar på meddelande så är det någon från flygbolagets kundservice som meddelar att mitt flyg har blivit ändrat (??) och att jag nu är inbokad på ett flyg på fredag förmiddag via Amsterdam till Edinburgh...ahaa...skoj, "nästan" samma ställe som Newcastle...noot!!! nå iallafall, efter många samtal tillbaka till flygbolaget så fick jag ändrat biljetten så att jag flög redan på torsdag kväll till London och tog sedan samma flyg därifrån till Newcastle som G tog :) så allting bra till slut. Varför min biljett ändrades är ännu lite oklart för mig men najaa...
Veckoslute var jätte roligt! G's småkusin hade ordnat grillfest på lördagen så efter att ha gått omkring på Southports Lord street gick vi över till deras hus ett par hundra meter ifrån och spenderade resten av kvällen där :) Had jätte roligt :) Resan hem gick också utan krumelurer så allt väl :)
![]() |
| If you're bad you'll be put in one of these in Hexham ;) |
Man the week went fast again…nooooot! But anyhow…we went last weekend down to Southport, UK, to visit G’s grandparents. They were so nice and sweet and kind both of them and it was so nice to visit! My own grandparents all past away years ago, so I have to admit I’ve missed having grandparents in my life and I’m glad to “adopt” these two :) And do you know what? They’ve been married for 59 years! Yes, 59 years!! That gives you something to think about and to strive for..
But the trip to see them didn’t go exactly according to plans. G was flying in on Friday from US via London to Newcastle and I was supposed to fly directly from Stavanger to Newcastle on Friday morning and meet him there and then we had a car rented and we would drive down to Southport and do some sightseeing on the way. Well..on Thursday afternoon the flight company called and left a message on my answering machine saying my flight had been changed(??) and that I was now booked on a flight on Friday via Amsterdam to Edinburgh…yeah..that’s almost Newcastle…not!! I got a bit panicked and started calling them back and after some phone calls I got them to change my changed flight to a flight leaving already the same evening to London. Phew! Else I would have arrived in Southport with a taxi from Edinburgh sometime late Friday…not cool. So now I was on a flight to London and from there I had to book myself into a hotel and also book a flight to Newcastle. At the end it all went well and I flew with the same flight to Newcastle as G :) Why my ticket got changed is still a mystery to me..
The weekend with G’s grandparents was good :) G’s second cousin had organized a BBQ on Saturday evening and after walking the famous Lord Street in Southport, we headed off to their place a few hundred meters away. It was a great evening and got to meet a bunch of G’s family :)
Good weekend all in all :)












Du e lika söt som alltid! Kram
ReplyDelete